Monday, May 30, 2016

MAY 9, 2016

It's 9:18 pm in Chicago. I'm sitting on my porch swing after battling the demon of depression all day. I sit here under the heaviness of the downpour, rain soaking the streets and people running for shelter. I feel the heaviness of the streets, of my youth. I hear what seems to be 6 gunshots from afar, then 10 minutes later police sirens. The rain feels heavier...the depression deeper. I'm trying to pray. Trying to hear His voice. I look up and see a lamp post. A lamp post right in front of the Crib. When I moved here, the bulb had been out for awhile I was told. What did I do? Called the Alderman to fix it. WE NEED LIGHT ON THIS BLOCK! God spoke and said There you go bringing light to darkness again....and there goes God reminding me again how much Light is still needed. Didn't bring any light today, was in darkness myself. Even I needed to see the Light.
‪#‎PorchSwingLife‬ ‪#‎SelfCare‬ ‪#‎KissOnForeheadFromGod‬

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader