Monday, May 30, 2016

MAY 30, 2016

It's 9:06 pm in Chicago. I'm sitting on my porch swing and the most beautiful breeze keeps kissing my face. I usually come out to hear the church bells and have some moments of silence but not tonight. It's the holiday weekend and all I hear are kids laughing and playing, the smell of bbq coals, families hugging and gathering, old school music (of course loud trap music in passing cars) and my neighbor across the street asking me how my weekend has been going...no gunshots, no cops. I barely heard the bells and I actually preferred it tonight. It was a bit hopeless this weekend with one of my youth who has totally given up hope but as I sit here, God reminds me there is joy to be found in places that seem dark and hopeless. God reminded me, that kid who has given up, still called you today and he laughed. God reminded me, just as many people don't see the beauty in the hood, we are called to look for it and put it on display. I see beauty all around me. I love my Chicago.
 ‪#‎PorchSwingLife‬ ‪#‎SelfCare‬‪#‎KissOnForeheadFromGod‬

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader