Monday, May 30, 2016

It's 9:09 pm in Chicago. I'm sitting on my porch swing and tonight is kinda eerie. There is total silence. The church bells didn't even ring. No one is out. It's as if there was a Chicago ordinance that told everybody they needed to stay inside tonight and I'm in violation of the law! I feel weirdly alone....still, I close my eyes and inhale the scent of fresh laundry from my neighbors dryer vent and enjoy the quiet. I open my eyes and then, from a distance, I hear fireworks coming from Oak Park. Slowly, I hear the train, kids, horns...small noises. Were they always there and I was just blocking them out? God reminds me sometimes blocking out the noises makes room for your soul to get quiet....for your spirit to calm down. My soul needs a calming. The noises will always be there, it's the silence we have to listen for. In the quiet, God whispers "Close your eyes baby girl, deep breath, inhale, hold, slowly release. I got you." ‪#‎PorchSwingLife‬ ‪#‎SelfCare‬‪#‎KissOnForeheadFromGod‬

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader