Sunday, August 4, 2019

It's 8:31 pm in Chicago. I'm sitting on my porch swing listening to the orchestra of cicadas. As soon as I sat down, it got quiet... then one cicada got loud. It was as if she was directing the choir. Slowly, a few began to sing, then others joined in. The volume getting louder and louder. They seemed to drown out the noise of the booming cars, police sirens, kids playing, dogs barking. Loud. Loud. Louder.... but as I sit here, I notice no one is paying attention to the music. Life is carrying on with no thought to the sounds of the city. It reminds me of a city, a country crying out with bloodshed pouring down the city drain and no one really stopping to listen to the cries. More thoughts and prayers. But who is stopping to listen to the choir of loud cries? 

As I sit with the cicadas, embracing the song, I not only listen but I sing and cry too. #PorchSwingLife #KissOnMyForeheadFromGod 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader